Get more from Soho66 VoIP calls and collaboration using 5G
VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is a technology that allows you to make and receive phone calls using the Internet instead of a traditional landline or mobile phone network. This is the core technology of the Soho66 voice-calling solution.
5G is the fifth generation of cellular network technology. The upgrade of 5G mobile cellular technology has been steadily advancing. 5G offers many advantages that make it an ideal platform over which Soho66 VoIP services run, enabling us all to get more from our use of mobile devices and apps in our work.
- Speed – One of the biggest advantages of 5G is its speed. 5G networks are capable of delivering data at speeds up to 100 times faster than 4G networks.
- Latency – Another advantage of 5G is its low latency or lag. Latency is the time it takes for data to travel from one point to another. 5G networks have much lower latency than previous generations of cellular technology.
- Capacity – 5G networks have greater capacity than previous generations of cellular technology. This allows more devices to be connected to the network at the same time without any degradation in performance.
5G rollout across the UK
The rollout of 5G across the UK is progressing rapidly. In the UK, all four major mobile operators have launched 5G services, and coverage is now available in most major cities and towns. You can find out more here.
The rollout of 5G is set to continue across the UK in the coming years. As the uptake of 5G devices increases, operators will be able to expand their coverage and offer faster speeds and lower latency.
How Soho66 VoIP on 5G networks helps your business
Here are some of the benefits of 5G as a platform for VoIP voice and video communication services:
- Better calling and collaboration experience – 5G’s faster speed means that VoIP calls made over 5G will be of significantly higher quality than calls made over previous generations of cellular technology.
- Eliminated/reduced lag – 5G’s low latency means VoIP calls made over 5G will be more responsive and there will be less of a delay between when you speak and when the other person hears you.
- Increased hybrid and home working – 5G’s greater network capacity means businesses can have more employees working from home over VoIP or on the go without impacting the quality of their calls and collaboration.
Discover the Soho66 difference today
To get started with Soho66 today, just sign up
Questions? Just call us on 0333 344 344 3.